Monday 17 October 2011

Note for My Children: Lesson 2- Why Education is so important?

Dearest My Sweethearts,

I know & I’m sure there are times when you feel “Oh no..Do I have to study again?!” or you would say “ala Mama ni..lagi-lagi suh buat homework”. You know what? I felt that too when I was a student. Your grandfather, Tok Abah is a strict man but a very WISE man. Remember how many times I told you that he reads a lot? He reads anywhere and anytime & especially before he goes to sleep. You can just see him sleeping with tones of books, magazines & newspapers around him (I wish I could do the same thing =).Try to ask him anything. I still remember we were in Holland (Tok Abah took us (his children) for a holiday) that time when a tour guide was giving us briefing about her country. Your Tok Abah shared his view and what he had read about the country including the history. The tour guide was so impressed by what he had mentioned. She said Tok Abah knows better about her country than she does. Then I realized learning is not a dull/tedious/monotonous thing, it would be really fun when you know how to use what you have learned. Furthermore, it does not mean when you don’t get good grades, you don’t learn anything.

Lesson 2: Why Education is so important?

I still remember when I was about your age, when Tok Abah took us somewhere & he saw people who worked as cleaners, toll attendants or homeless; he would say “ Did you see that? Do you want to be like them?”. Please don’t get me wrong, he wasn’t ridiculing them; what he meant was “you can choose what you want to be in the future but you have to strive for it. Study smart and grab the opportunity to learn as much as you could because if not, you will end up just like them.” Some of us were born & brought up in less fortunate families, but that doesn’t mean we can’t change our life. There’s no such thing of “this is what Allah has set for me & I can’t do anything about it, I will just redha”. Allah won’t change you unless you change yourselves. But there are times when you will face His tests.

Do you know why I send you (Dania & Sarah) to a Chinese school? Plus Sekolah agama? Tuition classes? I want you to get the best education I could provide. I know I don’t have much time to teach you myself. I can only monitor you during night time when the time is so limited. When you are still young, your brain is like a sponge, it will absorb as much water as possible- meaning you can learn anything easily, you manage to memorize more things. Trust me, I’m not making your life miserable, because learning is fun. I really miss my school days- ponteng sekolah pun Mama tak nak tau.

Whatever it is, you will become into a PERSON from learning. Like I said before; formal & informal education will make you WISER and help you to SURVIVE. You will know how to control your HEART & MIND. I know it’s not easy to get good results, just do your best. Learning is a long process, do it step by step.

I just learned this "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." — Albert Einstein

All of you make me proud.

I love you,
Mama

by Tini Yahya on Friday, 09 September 2011 at 09:53_ from my Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment